Monday 17 May 2010

Little Burros and Parking Lot Shenanigans

Re-played a couple of sweet venues this past weekend (May 14-15, 2010).

Gig 7/VII/Seven: Burrito Rojo in Turners Falls, MA (www.myspace.com/burritorojo), which was fun except for the part when I dropped my guitar (and by dropped I mean the strap decided it needed its personal space and leaped from the inside peg. Poor guitar didn't see it coming--a few feet fallen and a chip and a dent later, the show went on without a hitch.

*Oh! I almost forgot: I've started a mailing list. If you would like to be informed of gigs in your region, please pop an email to franciejonesmusic@gmail.com and include some general sense of where you are/the meaning of life (latter optional--just put that there so it wouldn't sound like I'm going to stalk your house. . . . Which would be silly, given that "you" is collective in this sense.).*

Gig 8/VIII/Eight: Lillian and I played at Dick and Jane's General Store in Walpole, MA (www.dickandjanesgeneralstore.com) for Walpole Day. To be fair, we were like a Walpole Day annex, in that we played to what started out as an empty parking lot after the other bands, who were set up elsewhere to begin with, were finished. Then some peeps came so it was basically Woodstock. Guess everyone who wasn't there missed out. Also, Lillian got a spider on her mid-song. I almost told her but then decided it was better just to let it hang out. It didn't look poisonous.

Scotland Tour Two commences in June . . . as always, check out the calendar at www.myspace.com/franciejones.

No comments:

Post a Comment